Monday, March 30, 2009

Candy Testing!

Easter is about a week and an half away. During my time off from work, I've started making my own candy. This week I'm testing out different types, the winners will be included in my "one of a kind" Easter baskets for the family!

When my family and I lived in Michigan our favorite candy shop was Sydney Bogg's in Birmingham. After many trips for a sweet treat we became addicted to milk chocolate caramels. I decided this was the year I'd attempt my own version (my final product is tasty, but no where near as good!)

My first test: Homemade caramel. I found a 30minute recipe. This is a keeper, very simple. I hate caramel that has the consistency of sand, this one is far from rough. The 3ominute recipe creates a smooth and creamy caramel that literally melts in your mouth.


Now, the task of making this savory treat into a chocolate delight!! It took 3 steps.

1. I melted milk chocolate and create a chocolate shell.


2. I spooned the caramel into the shell.


3. I sealed the base with some more chocolate and put the sheet into the freezer to gel it all together!!

4. Eat away!!


You can use just about any chocolate for the shell. If you'd like the caramel recipe just let me know and I'll email it your way!

Megan :)

1 comment:

  1. Send to me - these look yummy! I always wanted to make my own candy!

    ReplyDelete